JOIN GAVIN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
RESIDES: Lakeland, FL
It came as no surprise when Gavin Graham naturally gravitated to the racetrack at an early age.
As a fourth-generation driver, the 13-year-old from Florida has the sport in his DNA. Gavin’s great-grandfather competed on short tracks at the grassroots level and even drove professionally on the NASCAR Xfinity Series (formerly Busch Series) for a while. Gavin has come a long way since first racing go-karts at age 5.
Gavin raced all across the Southeast in 2021, driving everything from a Legends car to a Pro Truck and all the way up to a Pro Late Model. He experienced many firsts, including testing his mettle on the road course at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway and getting his first career win at the famed Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, Fla., while driving the Curt Britt No. 38 Pro Truck. Gavin enjoyed a seven-race winning streak in the Pro Truck and finished the season with nine total wins in 17 starts. He was the Young Lions champion at the Winter Nationals behind the wheel of his Legends car.
In 2020 Gavin raced in the INEX Legend Car and Pro Truck. He scored 11 Young Lions feature wins, winning the points championship at Auburndale (Fla.) Speedway, and finishing fourth overall in the Thursday Thunder INEX Legend Series at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Gavin capped a successful Pro Trucks campaign with a podium finish at the Pro Trucks feature during the 53rd Annual Snowball Derby. He scored his third career Pro Trucks victory at Crisp Motorsports Park in Cordele, Ga. earlier in the season.
The 2018 and 2019 seasons saw Gavin dip his toes into the Pro Trucks for the first time. He competed in adult class at 4-17 Southern Speedway in Punta Gorda, Fla.
Gavin competed at the highest level of go-kart racing in the country as a youngster. He won countless feature races, championships, and set multiple track records despite competing above his age class.
Gavin is mentored by former NASCAR driver, Edward Howell, who serves as Gavin’s driving coach and Spotter. He has logged more than 1,000 laps under Mr. Howell’s expert guidance at Auburndale Speedway and other short track across Florida.
His love and passion for racing continue to intensify with every lap he takes.
“Racing is not just a sport for me, it is a way of life. I have a deep inner confidence in my racing abilities, and I am continuing to gain more experience with each race. My purpose in life is to race!”Gavin Graham
- Third career win in the Pro-Truck at Crisp Motorsports Park
- 6 feature wins in the Young Lions Legends
- First in points at Auburndale Speedway in the Young Lions Division
- 4th place – Thursday Thunder Atlanta INEX Legend Series
- Gavin joined Hermie Sadler Motorsports as JR2 driver for Premier Karting at the age of 10
- Moved up to 12 & 15-year-old classes and quickly became a contender winning many races
- Joined the Legend team (Little Gator Motorsports) Pro-Truck Team (Scott Walters Racing)
- Edward Howell, former NASCAR driver is Gavin’s coach, spotter and mentor
- JR2 – Calm Before the Storm Champion (North Carolina)
- JR2 – Big O Champion (South Carolina)
- JR2 & JR3 GMAN Memorial Champion (North Carolina)
- JR2 – Mid West Maxx Daddy won 3 races in 5 starts (Kansas)
- 417 Southern Speedway Pro-Truck feature winner age 11
- Auburndale Speedway Semi-Pro Legend feature winner age 11
- 417 Southern Speedway Semi-Pro Legend feature winner age 11
- JR2 & JR Elite Champion – The Series (NC, SC, VA)
- Florida Dirt Championship Series
- JR 1 Pro State Champion
- Junior division record 13 pole positions out of possible 18 poles
- JR 1 broke track record at Dirt Devil Speedway
- JR 2 set new track record at Crossroads Motorplex
- Thanksgiving Thunder Big Dog 2nd
- 417 Southern Speedway top 10 finish Pro-Truck class at age 10
Gavin started racing go-karts intermittently at the age of 7 years old. Gavin’s Great Grandfather, a former race car driver, was the first to notice his talent. Gavin completed the Ambassador racing school at age 8, and under the guidance of instructor Ray Garcia his skills improved quickly, moving on to dirt tracks seeking higher competition.
- Vega Dirt Series – JR Sportsman Division Champion
- Florida Dirt Championship Series – JR – set new track record Dirt Devils Speedway
- Many wins on dirt and asphalt throughout Florida and Georgia